Friday, July 28, 2006

News 07.28.2006

- Google Talk is set to get some new features. This news is probably a reaction on Google's part to the apparently low numbers of Google Talk users. The upcoming features include file transfers, ability to send and receive free voicemail messages, and even a type of music player status plugin for supported players. Let's hope these features can get Google Talk's popularity up a little bit more.

- AllPeers has just sent me an invite to the private beta of their long anticipated Firefox extension that allows the sharing of files on your computer with people you want to share them with. I don't have much time to write a formal review on it, but I will throw any gripes and praise about it whenever I get a chance. It looks like a promising tool to have hooked on to my Firefox belt, and we'll have to see if it draws any attention from the likes of the RIAA and MPAA in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home