Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Super Mario Bros.

The latest addition to the Super Mario Bros. series brings Mario and Luigi back in the mix with all new levels, enemies, special items, and moves. Of course most of the old school moves are back too, but this time you get to do them in what looks like 3D but is more like 2.5D graphics and stereo sound. Theres new music thrown in for a fresh take on the theme too.

The game reminds me of playing Super Mario Bros. 3 with a lot of Super Mario 64 style thrown in to the mix. Some of the moves take a bit of getting used to, and even the new special items like the mega mushroom, blue shell, and mini mushroom make things a little tricky at times. But in order to get the most out of this game you need to learn how they work to your advantage.

The story is similar, but not quite the same as earlier games, and of course the game is so massive I have yet to see the ending, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. It's very easy to tell that the development team put some serious time and effort into this game. It's the best Mario game I've played since Super Mario World and Super Mario 64.

Aside from the main game is a nice selection of mini games that are just excellent. It really is amazing how much there is going on in this single game cart for the Nintendo DS. New Super Mario Bros. is one awesome game and I'm happy with the amount of replay value that's in store. It's easily the best DS game I've played so far. I highly recommend it to anyone with a Nintendo DS.

Games To Go Rating: 5 out of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home