Thursday, January 15, 2009

Palm Pre: Last Chance For A First Impression

It has been the most recent and popular topic of discussion between some of my friends and myself, and it's obvious that we have different feelings about Palm's latest device. So much so that I have produced a list of some of my favorite responses to the common question of what my thoughts are about the Pre.

...still just a nicely polished rock at the bottom of a raging river...
...more than enough too late...
...brings just those features most future smartphones should have anyway...
...it's more like Palm Premature...
...I'm calling this the most interesting mobile device that I'm not interested in of the year...
...there's this thing called bad timing, and this is the absolute worse...
...ten bucks says you'll get or want something better before it's finally available...
...Dr. Seuss would be proud, Fisher Price will be jealous...
...but, will it blend?...
...I'll buy one when it costs less than the iPhone and is unlocked...
...
tamagotchi 2.0?...
...solitaire could be pretty cool on it I guess...
...I predict six months to bring it to market, only one week of strong sales...

It's not so much that I'm pessimistic about Palm's big comeback, I just think the Pre is not intended to be a future phone. Sure, it has some nice ideas that make it shine ever so brightly, but it also lacks some important features many people will come to expect from their next mobile device. Only time will tell if Palm has the right stuff to stay the course this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home