Saturday, September 02, 2006

3pm Injection [23]

With so much great music on 3pm today, and more on the way, a lot of people have been asking me "why do this for free?" Well today I answer this question for the masses. For the same reason there are art museums, libraries, and gardens. Great things should be shared in great ways. I know what you're thinking, these places are in no way completely free. No, and neither is 3pm. I put a good bit of my time spare time into 3pm every week which is hardly free. True, my use of the free Google Page Creator account is an exception, but the biggest cost goes to the hosts of all those mp3 links we've come to love. They pay for the hosting/bandwidth of all that music. At first this seems a little unfair to them, but is it fair for them to have an artist's work online for the world to find?

Some have said to me that this is "media scavenging", and that may be true, but scavengers play an important role in any balanced ecosystem. I don't do this for the few dollars made from the Google AdSense ads or even from the 3pm Store sales, I do it for the love of music. Are we supposed to cover our eyes in the presence of a priceless painting? Are we to stop thinking when reading a popular novel? Are we to hold our nose from the smell of a beautiful flower? We have our senses for a reason. What will become of the world when we set a price to how much we are allowed to use each of those senses? Let me know what you think.

3pm: "Proof that music is still alive"
The Pussycat Dolls feat. Snoop Dogg - Buttons [Remix]
Areosmith - Dream On
Etta James - At Last
N.E.R.D. - Thrasher
Slowdive - Souvlaki Space Station [Live]

Previous Injections
[More] [20] [21] [22]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home