Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nokia N95: Gaming, Serving, Streaming

I've been checking out a few cool services and apps for the N95 these days and I continue to be amazed at how fast this device is growing in its capabilities.

First, I have to admit to grabbing the unofficial version of the N-Gage First Access app, and have been having a blast with some of the Games. N-Gage is certainly shaping up to be an awesome gaming solution, and I think I speak for many when I say I can't wait for N-Gage to "officially" appear on the N95 and other supported phones. Looking forward to some fun challenges in the N-Gage Arena.

The next app I got around to checking out is the Nokia Mobile Web Server. This app has been out for some time, but there's been a recent update to 1.2 beta and it is still pretty cool to be able to access your phone from any web browser. Contacts, calendar, messaging, images, etc. is manageable through the web. There's even some cool blogging options in there.

And finally, I stumbled on the cool PocketCaster app that works great for live video streaming from the N95 to the ComVu site for viewing. This could be an awesome way to do live shows on the go. And it works very well over a 3G connection too.

There's just so many great S60 apps and services these days, it's a challenge just to keep up with it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home