The iPad Has No Future In The Mobile Space
That's right, I'm going outright and stating that Apple's new iPad will fail as a truly mobile device...
- It's not mobile enough [can't fit in anyone but MC Hammer's old parachute pants pockets].
- It has no built-in camera [dumb, dumb, and dumb].
- It has no definitive purpose [big smartphone? e-book reader? Internet tablet? what the heck is this thing?! at least we knew the iPod was definitely an mp3 player].
- It's being built around an operating system that already has a device [sure it can make use of all the iPhone and iPod Touch apps, but so can the iPhone and the iPod Touch!].
- It uses the micro-SIM card that hardly anyone uses...yet [okay, this is just Apple being difficult again. Can we at least get two options of the standards for the SIM format? Way to lock down a new device Apple.]