Monday, February 06, 2006

Feds Propose Tax on Wifi Use!

President Bush has proposed taxing the use of wifi (wireless), and is proposing a "user fee" for "un-auctioned" radio spectrum use.

The proposal is in the president's 2007 proposed budget, and is believed to be aimed at the unlicensed radio spectrum used for, among other things, wifi.

- I seriously doubt this story is true, but who cares. The comments are what matters.

The Best Comments From Digg Users:

"This is what happens when governments make laws for technology without actually understanding the technology."

"My microwave oven "broadcasts" on the 2.4GHz band too. Does that mean I have to pay every time I turn it on?"

"ALL YOUR WI-FI ARE BELONG TO US"

"Wow the inevitable wifi tax, whats next air?"

"Every time I say that I'm moving to Canada, I say it with a little bit more seriousness..."

"I Believe it because its on the Internet!"

read more | digg story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home