Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Had To Ask Myself...

Is it possible for the new Internet Tablet, that has caused quite a stir, make me want to upgrade? After hearing about some more details being revealed, There's probably more reason to be excited about this device than I first thought.

Do I think it's bigger than the 770? No.
I think the device is actually smaller than the 770. We'll see.

Do I think that nub sticking out in the top left corner is a web camera? Yes.
I think it's a web cam, but I also think there's more to it than just being "extendable". We'll see.

Do I think the three face buttons just ordinary face buttons? No.
Something's different about them, but I can't quite put my finger on it. [I know, bad joke]

Do I think the the chrome outline is part of the front of the device? No.
I think it's part of the transparent cover for the device. We'll see.

Do I think the device will officially be named the 870? No.
I think it's more likely the device will be named the 780, but I wouldn't bet on that either. Guess we'll see.

Do I think the speaker placement is a bad idea? No.
I think the speakers are in the right location and the mic is probably right where it needs to be. We'll see.

Do I think having a MiniSD card slot instead of RS-MMC was a dumb idea? No.
This will cause some to cringe I'm sure, but I think the decision will make it easier for Nokia to build smaller/slimmer tablets going forward. Besides, If they bundle a 128MB card with the device, does it really matter that much?

I may be nuts by thinking this way, but we'll see...

3 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those buttons: It looks to me like they got rid of the MENU button. All I see are Back/Escape and Home!

THAT is nuts. I use the Menu button a lot.

I wish I knew why the hell people keep going to that post of mine!

Thanks for the link all the same.

Enjoy it if you get it. I hope it will finally be a *good* product.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Derek_Coleman said...

I don't know, it looks like the menu button is in the middle where it's always been [check out the little icon inside the raised square in the middle].

I might get it when it comes out. There's still a lot to be shown of this thing before I make that decision though.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could be right. It's just that I'd read somewhere else that was where a camera was! Now that I think of it, that was probably wrong.

If you get it and write it up, I'll link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home