Friday, October 05, 2007

N800 Price Drops Have Begun

Wow! $279.99 for and N800?!! That's an awesome deal, and I'm sure there will be lots of people scrambling over this one. Stores that have dropped the N800 price like it's hot include:

Amazon.com ($255.99 in stock)
Target ($279.99 currently out of stock)
Buy.com ($239.99 w/free shipping!)
Provantage ($231.56 in stock)
Circuit City ($279.99 currently out of stock)
MobileCityOnline ($259.99 in stock)
eCost.com ($248.99 in stock)
Directron ($221.99 currently out of stock)
ClubMac ($239.99 in stock)
Beach Audio ($248.99 currently out of stock)

There may be more stores added to this list as well as lower prices to choose from.

10.07.2007 Update: It's now $232.99 at Buy.com! Keep fallin'!
10.08.2007 Update: Qole has discovered yet another awesome N800 deal via Provantage, and this one ships to Canada! ($231.56 before shipping!) Also, it looks like the Buy.com price went up to $244.99. Still free shipping, still a great deal.
10.09.2007 Update: Target has the tablet in stock again and so does MobileCityOnline for $50 lower than before!
10.10.2007 Update: Circuit City has the tablet in stock again as does Provantage. eCost.com has raised their price and is currently out of stock. Additional stores added to list.
10.15.2007 Update: Amazon.com price now $273.99, Target is out of stock again, Buy.com has it for $239.99, Provantage out of stock at $239.71, Circuit City price now $279.99, BeachAudio is out of stock, and Directron price now $221.99!
10.16.2007 Update: Amazon.com price now $255.99, Provantage back in stock at $231.56, Circuit City is out of stock, eCost price now $248.99 and has it in stock, and Directron is out of stock now.

6 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger Qole Pejorian said...

Interestingly, all the stores that are selling the N800 for less than $350 cannot ship outside of the continental USA. Any store that can ship to Canada (where I live) are still selling the N800 for very close to the original $400 price tag.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Qole Pejorian said...

Aha! I found a place that ships to Canada!

Provantage has it for $231 and they ship to the Great White North! Yay!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Derek_Coleman said...

Another awesome deal! Thanks for the heads up Qole. I still can't believe how low these prices are dropping.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Qole Pejorian said...

Provantage sold out too, I was a bit too slow on the uptake. They blazed through their stock of 150 tablets in less than 12 hours.

I finally purchased through eCost. The final price to me (after taxes and shipping and customs) was $323 (CAD$), which seems like a lot until you realize that I had purchased an N800 from eXpansys last week for $433. I'm going to lose $25 in shipping costs to return the first one, but I'm still saving $85, which is a lot of money. eXpansys said that they couldn't even come close to matching any of these prices. They said that those prices were substantially below their cost. One salesman I talked to (I talked to several trying to avoid having to return my purchase) was a bit flabbergasted. I wonder if he's going to go and buy one for himself at one of these places now!

I haven't even received my first, expensive N800 yet. And when it does arrive later this week, I'm going to have to send it right back! And my cheap one doesn't come until next week. Sigh...

Thanks for the tip, though!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Derek_Coleman said...

Yeah, I imagine the device is selling pretty fast now. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. Glad to here you saved a good chunk of change on your buy. I'm leaning more towards waiting for the third tablet to reveal it's lovely head. :)

I'll keep watch of prices out there daily, and try to keep this post updated regularly.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger RayMartinsHair said...

I'm trying to purchase a N800 and get it delivered to Australia. Any one care to give me a heads up which online store will give me a decent price and actually ship to OZ???

the RRP of the N800 in australia is $540. talk about getting getting screwed.

Thanks in advance. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home